Thursday, February 7, 2008

3 miles

I did 3 miles yesterday. At least, I think I did. It was 20 degrees out, which is normally fine for walking, but there was a horrible wind! So, I went to our rec center and walked on their track.

The track is 1/13 of a mile. How's that for convenient? So, I quickly lost track of where I was on the laps, and just walked for an hour.

I was really sore after that. There are a couple of reasons I've figured out why that might be. 1) It's perfectly flat, and all the walking I've done has been on hills. So, maybe my "walk straight" muscles aren't getting as much of a workout? 2) Instead of being the only person around, there were other walkers and runners. As much as I like to think that other people's actions don't affect me, I think I was walking a little faster than normal so I didn't seem like such a pathetic fat girl.

Miles this week: 3
Miles so far: 44.5 (Since 1/8/08)

No comments: