Saturday, February 9, 2008

Blisters? What the heck?! 3 miles

I hit the 50 mile mark! Well, it's been over a month, so it's not really that exciting, but I thought it was cool.

Even though I've been doing all this walking, I got my first blisters today. They're not bad, but at first I got a little freaked out because I didn't know what had caused them. On a "short" walk no less! (3 miles is now my short walk, it used to be that 1.5 miles was my "short" walk.)

I think I figured it out. The blisters, I mean. I had run errands earlier in the day in my walking shoes, and left them on. So, by the time I got out to walk, my feet were sweaty, which increased the friction. The stupid thing is that I thought about that before I left, and decided I didn't want to bother with going upstairs to get a fresh pair of socks, because I didn't think it would be a problem. Do you see the inherent laziness I'm up against? -rolls eyes- Well, now I know!

Miles this week: 10
Miles so far: 51.5 (Since 1/8/08)

No comments: